Monday, December 8, 2008

its the magic of christmas



So i had my exam today (totally sucked) and then decided to take the night off to relax and recharge before i started on my take home exam and project that i left to do. Anyways i was watching the 25 days of Christmas on ABC Family (more in a future post prolly) and my roommates boyfriend walks in the room and i was like "I love Christmas, I am such a kid at heart sometimes", and he responds by saying "Yeah i love it too...especially since i was an only child as a kid." This simple and cursoury statment got me thinking.....

For me the reason why i love Christmas so much is not for the presents (although its always nice to get gifts ;)) but rather for the feeling in the air so to speak. I love being able to spend time with family anf friends, i love to give them little tokens to show that i care, I love to sit down with my family and watch the old Christmas Claymation movies, and putting up decorations...all of it. I think that is why i love the Virginia letter that i posted the other day so much. Cause it focuses on these points. That is what Santa Claus is about...not just the toys etc...but the love and joy that is spread in teh simple act of giving. That is what Christmas is supposed to be like. That is what i miss. I feel as each year passes, more and more the magic that is Christmas disappears and i struggle to hold on to the tatters that remain. If only i could go back to the childhood innocence when everything was magical and the world was good and stress-free....*heavy sigh*

1 comment:

Beth Beck Land said...

Dude...we watched Rudolphh at work the other day...apparently my boss really likes claymation movies....